Transfer student orientation
Information for Watts College transfer students
(Downtown Campus, West Campus, and Online)
As a transfer student new to the Watts College of Public Service and Community Solutions and Arizona State University, you are strongly encouraged to attend a transfer student welcome event. These happen each Fall in August and Spring in January. Information, dates, and other details will be posted on this site so check back! Keep scrolling down the page for other information, resources, and more!
The transfer welcome events serve as an opportunity to learn more about ASU, the Watts College, ways to be involved on campus, public service opportunities, and a chance to talk to current transfer students and meet your peers. At orientation, you will discover aspects of ASU that will enhance your Sun Devil experience. The transfer student orientation program agenda includes the following opportunities for students:
- Learn about the Watts College of Public Service & Community Solutions and our resources specifically for transfer students
- Connect with a representative from the College and faculty and staff from the individual schools
- Hear from current students in our college
- Meet other transfer students
- Hear from your faculty in each discipline
- Get important information from your specific schools
- Learn about internships, requirements, and opportunities
- Have a chance to ask any questions you may have
- And much more!
(For class scheduling, specific/personal questions, and special circumstances/situations, students should schedule a 1:1 appointment with their advisor. There will not be an advising session during the Transfer Welcome)
Resources available to transfer students at ASU
- Join the transfer mentor program where you will be matched with a current Watts College transfer student and get connected to resources, social activities, networking, support, and more! (Email Ellen (Watts College Transfer Student Coordinator) at email@example.com or fill out THIS FORM)
- Get connected to the Sun Devil Transfer Alliance (and opportunities for networking, leadership, resources, fun, and more!)- https://asu.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/sun-devils-transfer-alliance-downtown
- Other resources: https://eoss.asu.edu/resources
- Virtual Resources: https://eoss.asu.edu/virtual-resources
- Sun Devil Card Services: https://cfo.asu.edu/cardservices
- Parking and Transit: https://cfo.asu.edu/parking-and-transit-services-contact-information
- Watts College YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgoXJqpL-xjhntR7S9vKN6w
- Guided tour of ASU Downtown Campus: https://youtu.be/r1PY8IavVw0
- Guided tour of ASU West Campus: https://youtu.be/Pahe319bV2U
- Learn about Downtown Phoenix: https://dtphx.org/
As a Watts College transfer student, you have the privilege of joining the only ASU Chapter of the Tau Sigma National Honor Society! Tau Sigma is the only current honor society for transfer students. Be on the lookout for an invitation after completing 12 credits at ASU with a 3.5 GPA (or top 20% of current class)
Learn more: http://www.tausigmanhs.org/
Current Chapter President: Angelica Yslas; firstname.lastname@example.org
Get connected and FAQ: (coming soon!)
Want to learn more or have questions about joining as a transfer student? Reach out to Ellen Lagerman (Watts College Transfer Student Coordinator) at email@example.com or text/call 928.792.4142.
We are so excited to welcome you to Watts College!