How it works: Recruitment Schedule and Internship Program
Spring 2020 MCLEAPS recruitment kick-off Information Session is October 3, 2019!
4:00 - 6:00 pm | downtown Phoenix campus | Cronkite Building, room 128
RSVP TODAY at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post-Recruitment Schedule and Internship Requirements -
- Those who accept the offer will be hired as a MCLEAPS Intern and will work fulltime, 40 hours per week, during the selected semester.
- Work as a MCLEAPS Intern will be conducted from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some flexibility negotiable. Students should discuss schedule and flexibility before accepting an offer of employment as a MCLEAPS Intern.
- The program provides the selected MCLEAPS Interns a paid stipend of $5000 for completion of project work during the semester and a waiver of the semester’s ASU tuition and fees for up to 12 hours of academic credit towards a degree, depending on the degree requirements of the students’ major or program.
- Selected MCLEAPS Interns must be eligible to earn academic credit and registered for an internship class, or equivalent, with their academic unit during the semester of participation in this internship. Interns may register for additional classes during the same semester, not to interfere with their work during the hours of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- MCLEAPS Interns must work with their academic unit designated academic advisor or internship coordinator to discuss this work-learning opportunity relative to their degree and career goals, and determine details of eligibility and registration for earning academic credit. It is best to have these conversations before application, selection and offer acceptance.
Recruitment Schedule includes:
- October- Internship project/department proposals are posted, following the Kick-Off Information Session, and through the application period (October 15 - November 1).
- The Kick-Off Information Session features a panel of current interns and supervisors. Time, date, place is announced each semester. Spring 2020 Recruitment Kick-Off Information Session is Thursday, October 3, 4:00 - 6:00 pm, at the Cronkite Building, room 128, on the ASU downtown Phoenix campus.
- Pre-Application Assistance Workshops are offered by the ASU MCLEAPS Internship Coordinator, at multiple University campuses. Dates and locations are posted at the top left of the MCLEAPS home page. Specific instruction is provided in acing the application and selection process - what information and materials are requested and how to present them. RSVP at email@example.com
- Applications are accepted online and during the scheduled Application Period ONLY, usually a two week period of time, mid-semester.
- The projects/departments will be posted as a pdf on this site (frontpage and below).
- Apply online by selecting the web page marked "Application" on the left side of the MCLEAPS homepage - DURING THE DESIGNATED APPLICATION PERIOD ONLY (October 15 - November 1).
- Candidates will need a statement of interest for each position for which they apply, a resume and unofficial copy of their college transcript
- Students may apply and be considered for more than one MCLEAPS internship opportunity, relevant to their studies and for which they meet the qualifications.
- Applications received by the deadline will be reviewed by the ASU-MCLEAPS Internship Coordinator for referral to Maricopa County (November 12).
- (Mid- through end November) Selected applicants will be interviewed by Maricopa County.
- (December 1- 6) Successful candidates will be offered the internship around the last week of the semester preceding the internship period.